Every year on my birthday I come up with a new birthday list. I make a list with all the goals I want to accomplish in the following year, even goals that are a bit out there. The purpose? To motivate myself and to do things that are out of my comfort zone. This year’s list already has 29 items on it (gasp)!
In this year’s birthday list I’m focusing on honing some of my skills, try to lighten up once in a while, travelling and self-care. Of course, I probably wont be able to do all of these things, but they make me feel excited and I’m already itching to start working on them, which is half of the fun.
01. Have more random dance parties
02. Lose weight
03. Decrease my ecological footprint
04. Have more fun adventures
05. Watch 30 films & series that have been on my “to watch” list for too long
06. Become a better photographer
07. Don’t buy any new drawing materials (until I run out)
08. Make an illustration of my family (mainly our 3 cats ;))
09. Start saving for a trip to Japan
10. Do eight 30 day challenges
11. Travel more!
12. Read five books of 400 pages or more
13. Master hand lettering
14. Redo our garden
15. Finally make a new piece of clothing from scratch
16. Seriously work on my illustration skills
17. Be able to do a yoga head stand
18. Read a book that completely blows me away
19. See beavers in the wild
20. Be able to pull myself up on a pull-up bar three times
21. Give the house an affordable make-over
22. Read 10 unread books from my shelves
23. Make a bookstagram account
24. Start a side hustle
25. Start making videos
26. Work on my self-esteem/hermit issues
27. Go out for breakfast more often (and discover the city)
28. Give a workshop
29. Go on a (mini) road trip
The way I want to tackle this year’s birthday list is a bit different from the way I did it the past couple of years. Instead of trying to do an update every two months, I’m going to do updates every quarter (and apparently I’m not the only one who’s thinking this way this year). I also want to make a list with goals I’m going to focus on at the beginning of the quarter, so I have a battle plan for completing this list! I hope this will keep my goals more on my mind and it’ll should help me feel less overwhelmed during the year.
Since I’m already a bit late with my new birthday list, my first quarterly planning should go up soon(ish), so stay tuned for that. Another thing I’m planning is changing the image on top of these blog posts every quarter, as part of my illustration goal. So at least that one is of for a good start (and please, don’t feel too shy to remind me of this if I should slip up the coming months).
Do you have a similar list with goals? New Year isn’t that long ago, so maybe you made a list with resolutions? Or are you working on your on birthday list? What did you put in it?