As promised: my 28 in 28 birthday list! Each year on (around) my birthday I make a list with things I want to complete in the next 365 days. Essentially, as my birthday is so close to new year, these are my goals for 2016.
I feel like my goals for this year’s 28 in 28 birthday list are all very much related to each other. I’m definitely focussing on reading, culture and creating things (and a bit of health), because that’s what I want to do most of the time (or what I really want to work on). I’ve also noticed this list is a bit more frivolous than past lists. No big life-changing things this year, just ways to motivate myself to do more things and to have fun.
I wrote my original list in Dutch, so I’ve made a quick translation.
|01. Becoming an official inhabitant of Ghent
02. Start vlogging
03. Seeing the midnight sun or watch the Aurora Borealis
04. Being able to run 10 km
05. Follow 25 Skillshare lessons
06. Get a tattoo
07. Spent a weekend without technology
08. Go to Museum Night
09. Go on five citytrips in 2016
10. Go watch a play
11. Go see an opera, a balet or go to a musical
12. Read ten classics (either in English or Dutch)
13. Reach my 2016 blog goals
14. Make a zine
|15. Mari Kondo the shit out of everything I have
16. Fill a sketchbook every six months
17. Do twelve things from Pinterest
18. Finish the Verbeelding Bookchallenge
19. Make a new project every week
20. Read forty books in 2016
21. See 28 new (to me) movies
22. Get my driver’s license
23. Read tree books picked by somebody else
24. Navigate the waterways in Ghent
25. Do 120 workouts
26. Give a themed party
27. Make a photo book for 2016
28. Photograph at dawn
I’m really excited to get started on this list (I actually already did, you can probably figure out which ones). I think I’ll post a 28 in 28 birthday list update every two months, that way I can’t forget about these goals too much. You can also track some of my goals on other sites (such as Goodreads for my forty books challenge) and when I post related content on Instagram it’ll be with #plutomeisje28.
Anyone else doing this kind of list?