With 2015 gone, it’s time for a last look book before making some new year’s resolutions. Here are a couple of my favourites things, experiences or events of the past year, in no particular order.
- This year I reread the Harry Potter series again, but instead or reading the physical books I listened to the audio books. I’d probably mentioned it a couple of times on this blog, Goodreads and social media, but I absolutely loved the audio books! They were narrated by Stephen Fry and he did an incredible job! Every character has a different voice and all the voice acting, the rhytm,… is done really well.
- I graduated as a graphic designer! After years of studying and trying to figure out what I’d like to do with my life, I still haven’t figured things out, but I do know I’d like to do this graphic design thing. It made me work hard the past two years and I’m happy to finally say goodbye to the student life.
- I’ve only made it once and I’ve only discovered the recipe at the end of the year, but Jeroen Meus’s recipe for white chocolatemousse pie (witte chocolademoussetaart) is to die for! I did use speculaas instead of petit beurekes for the bottom of the pie. I can’t wait to make it again.
- After using Clinique’s facial cleaning products for years I was a bit fed up with the products. They didn’t seem to work for me. I searched the internet for a good alternative and in the end, when I was overwhelmed by the amount of products out there, I went to the Lush store and picked up Fresh Farmacy. I really like this product. It’s not really soap, but it feels the same and my skin seems to really love it!
- The ridiculous amount of books I’ve read in 2015! I’ve read 77 books, adding up to 24407 pages. The shortest book was only 16 pages, the largest 870 pages. I loved reading this amount of books, although I did stress a bit before reaching 50 books and finishing my Goodreads challenge.I read lot’s of good books and I’ve already blogged about my 15 favourite books of the year earlier this month.
- 2015 was the year I finally got to watching the Firefly series. Firefly is a space western. Yup. Western + space. Cowboys + spaceships. I was very sad when we reach the end of season one, because of some reason, there’s only one season. And a movie. Which hardly isn’t enough, considering the level of awesomeness.
- Getting back into blogging. After two years of hard work and less blogging than I’d want to, I’m very glad I’m back into it. I like writing, making things and putting them “out there” and I’ve missed it. It’d be nice if I could get into some sort of blogging routine, but that’s maybe for this year. 🙂
What were your favourite moments of 2015?